History of Turbine Flow Meters
For over 60 years, turbine flow meters have provided cost effective flow measurement. These flow meters meet required accuracy, and are capable of being easily rebuilt when necessary. There have been a number of improvements in terms of materials and machining process that have expanded the applications in which turbine meters are now used.
QCM Series – Quick Change Meter
At Turbines Incorporated, we are proud to introduce our “QCM Series – Quick Change Meter”. This turbine meter is ideal for installations where the meter internals require replacement (due to service conditions), and where downtime for internals replacement and accuracy are a concern.
The QCM Series turbine flow meter handles harsh conditions and permits maintenance with limited downtime. This meter was engineered for technicians seeking a solution to easily replace internal components without removing the entire meter from line, and can be done in any field condition.
Quick Change Meter Specifications
The Quick Change Meter can be installed in vertical or horizontal mounting positions, and is designed with enhanced internals for operation in flow containing particulate matter. The meter body handles working pressures up to 1,500 psig and provides greater versatility in the field. Combined with factory-calibrated repair kits, Quick Change meters eliminate the need for field calibration.
- Line sizes: 1 inch (5-75 GPM) and 2 inch (15-225 GPM)
- Accuracy: +/- 1.00% over flow range
- Repeatability: +/- 0.15 % over flow range
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to +300°F
- Flow rates: from 5 to 225 gpm
- Pressures: up to 1500 psi.
- Connection: Flanged, Victaulic or NPT
- Materials (highly configurable)
- Meter body: 316 stainless steel
- Rotor supports: 316 stainless steel
- Meter rotor: 17-4PH, Nickel 200, Duplex SS (consult factory for other options)
- Rotor shaft: 316 stainless steel
- Bearings: Ball Bearings, Teflon, Tungsten Carbide (consult factory for additional bearing material options)
- Certifications: ISO 9001, AS 9100